Learning Path: Talent Development and Human Resources
Duration: 5 Day(s).
Talent acquisition continues to be one of the most challenging issues for organizations, and the pressure to hire the right people has fostered a competitive recruiting environment. The Talent Development Specialist is an integral contributor to the success of talent attraction, interviewing, and selection process.
You will learn the critical skills necessary to recruit, screen, and hire candidates. You will learn the most up-to-date tactics and demonstrate your competence. You’ll also gain competence and confidence in the essential workplace skills you need to perform your day-to-day responsibilities and achieve long-term career success. These essential skills include communication dynamics, getting along with co-workers, working on teams, and maintaining strong professional ethics.
The course is designed to prepare learners for the KWP Certified Talent Development Specialist test and earn the designation, Certified Talent Development Specialist, KWP-TDS. The goal is for the learner to be job-ready for an entry level position as a talent development specialist qualified for talent attraction and selection as defined in the KWP Standard Job Description.
The course covers all career competencies and skills across the primary categories. You will:
- Understand the basic concepts underlying talent development strategy.
- Understand and apply the six stages of employee recruitment and selection.
- Apply good practices for recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and hiring the best candidates.
- Facilitate effective new employee orientation.
- Use common communication skills, including active listening, asking questions, and interpreting body language.
- Embrace a customer service focus.