Learning Path: Small Business Ownership
Duration: 5 Day(s).
This certification course introduces the essential components of managing a business. We’ll dig into business strategy, business planning, budget management, marketing strategy, operations, employee engagement, customer service, and business ethics. If your business is in the idea stage, you’ll build a solid foundation for your future. If you’re already running your business, you may be looking for ways to expand your capabilities and improve business performance. In all cases, this professional certification will give you the credentials and competitive advantage to succeed in your market. The course is designed to prepare learners for the KWP Certified Small Business Owner test and earn the designation, Certified Small Business, KWP-SBO. The goal is for the learner to be ready to open and manage a sustainable small business and manage the responsbilities of a business owner as described in the KWP Standard Job description.
The course covers the business ownership competencies and skills across the primary categories. You will learn how to:
- Apply best practices for creating, leading, and managing the day-to-day operations of your own business.
- Define a viable business strategy, mission, and vision and develop a comprehensive business plan.
- Develop strong branding that conveys your business values and identity.
- Define organizational and operational structures that match your goals.
- Develop marketing and sales strategies that help your business maintain a healthy bottom line.
- Define essential financial terms and apply key financial concepts.
- Develop standard financial reports and realistic budgets.
- Define the skills and qualifications for the workforce you need to achieve your goals.
- Model the process to hire the right people and minimize costly turnover.
- Model how to establish a customer-focused team and foster a culture of customer service excellence.