Learning Path: Workplace Skills
Duration: 2 Day(s).
Today, we enjoy – or are challenged by – a workplace with multiple cultures and generations working together. Building a diverse team means including people of all genders, countries of origin, race, ethnicity, education level, disability, age, weight, gender identity or other distinguishing traits. The consequences of disregarding diversity can be costly for organizations as well as the people who work in them.
In this course, you will become more self-aware of your attitudes toward diversity, explore and address the common workplace situations that can create conflict. You’ll learn strategies to develop positive attitudes toward diversity, foster a more tolerant work environment, and build a cohesive, multicultural and multigenerational team.
- Understand the concept of diversity.
- Develop positive cross-cultural attitudes.
- Communicate effectively with others from many cultures and social backgrounds.
- Effectively manage employees from a variety of cultures and generations.
- Help teams address cross-cultural barriers and diverse lifestyles.
- Foster a tolerant work environment.
- Develop a multicultural, multigenerational, and diverse workplace.
Business managers, human resources professionals
Classroom and Audiobook
This course includes a free 1-year membership to Chartered Management Institute.