Marketing Specialist Job Description
KWP Standard Marketing Specialist Job Description
Marketing Specialist Role
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for implementing the enterprise’s marketing strategies, assisting with campaign development, analyzing the effectiveness of each campaign, and developing demand generation programs. Successful individuals will play an integral role as a competent professional able to grasp buyer behavior trends and generate creative ideas. They will be equally confident and competent using traditional and digital marketing approaches. They will use their marketing expertise to help create promotional materials, sales tactics, and other department activities. They are an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans designed to reach target populations. Ultimately, the professional marketing specialist will help build a solid brand reputation, generate growth, secure customer loyalty, and increase profitability.
Marketing Specialist Responsibilities
The marketing specialist should be passionate about marketing and well-versed in specialized marketing concepts, principles and tactics to fulfill the responsibilities:
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.).
- Research and analyze a variety of marketing information, including market trends, competitor offerings, product specifications, and demographic data.
- Act as a go-to resource for up-to-date, accurate research and market information.
- Present findings to marketing teams to help guide the direction and activities of the department.
- Collaborate with creative teams to come up with branding ideas, advertising copy, graphic designs, and promotional materials.
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate consistent brand image and marketing programs that enhance the customer journey and customer experience.
- Work closely with and support the sales team on demand generation and advancing the customer through their journey that adhere to brand guidelines.
- Help enforce brand marketing guidelines throughout each product to create a cohesive feel to each campaign.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to support website design and content marketing (blog, social media assets, and more).
- Work with external vendors to implement promotional events and campaigns.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns.
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for great design.
- Write compelling copy for the web, advertising, email, newsletters, social media, and collateral.
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Use the tools of the trade and marketing technology to effectively manage tasks, maintain customer information, conduct surveys, implement and analyze campaign results.
Marketing Specialist Qualifications and Skills
- A customer focus
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements, including traditional and digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Adept at online and primary market research methods
- Demonstrable knowledge of marketing data analytics and tools
- Awareness of HTML, CSS and web development tools
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, and applications (Web analytics, Google AdWords, Survey tools, Email marketing tools)
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, or equivalent
- Certified Marketing Specialist, KWP-MS desired
Marketing Specialist Attributes
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Creative, innovative, and open to risk taking
- Works collaboratively on teams
- Independent self-starter who is accountable for one’s actions
- Strong professional ethics and moral compass
- Adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Specific KPIs are set by your marketing manager. The KPIs listed below are commonly tracked and measured as a part of the marketing specialist role:
- Marketing campaign effectiveness and ROI
- Marketing qualified leads
- Sales qualified leads
- Web site traffic
- Web site traffic to lead ratio
- Social media reach and engagement
- Inbound link building
- Landing page conversions
- Blog post visits
See the complete competencies and skills chart that supports this job description.